In response to the coronavirus pandemic and the closures of so many churches around the world, Orthobox is sidelining the Apostles' Box this year in favor of The Little Church Box, a special box that will include everything you need to prayerfully observe the Church year in your home.
This will be a little different than normal Orthoboxes in that the focus will be less on books and icons, and more on other prayer-related items.
The Illumined Box comes with an extra book.
Our Lent Box was extremely well received. If you want to know what we included, please view the following video (YouTube link):
Here is the usual description for the Orthobox Illumined Box (please keep in mind, it's a little different for the Little Church Box as mentioned, but most of this still applies):
The Illumined Box is for those looking to dive deeper into the Faith. It will include two more challenging books, in addition to prayer items and an icon. If you've read everything in your parish bookstore, this one's for you!
Ships and arrives 4 times per year, just before important seasons of the Orthodox Church year begin (arrive-by date in parenthesis):
- Great Lent (March 2) – the Lent Box
- Pentecost (June 7) – the Apostles' Box
- Dormition (August 15, new calendar) – the Theotokos' Box
- Nativity Fast (November 28, new calendar) – the Nativity Box
Illumined Box Includes:
- A book about the Orthodox Faith, Her teachings and traditions
- An icon to place in your icon corner
- A handmade item from an Orthodox artisan or monastery
- The Orthobox Prayer Journal, to help you keep up with the Church year
- An assortment of icon cards and other inspirational items
- A special gift for children (such as a book, craft, or coloring pages)
Only $49.95 per quarter (3 mos) or save 10 percent off if you invest in the entire year (4 boxes)
Shipping is $11.95 per box within the United States, more internationally.